WFMW

>> Wednesday, February 6, 2008

This weeks "Works For Me Wednesday" tip comes straight out of the March 2008 issue of Consumer Reports. They give tips on how to "properly" load your dishwasher to achieve "cleaner" dishes. They start by saying to "Keep large items at the sides and back, so that they don't block water and detergent from reaching other dishes". Then they go on to say to "Load dirtier side of dishes toward the center for more exposure to the spray". In other words, don't do what I've been doing my whole dishwasher using career. Don't face all the plates and bowls in one direction. Think of an imaginary line down the center of your basket from front to back and line your dishes up from the center out with the dirty side of the dish facing toward the center. This sounds logical to me. I tried this last night and found that by loading my dishes this way the dishes actually stood up better. Who knew there was a "proper" way of loading your dishwasher? Certainly not me, until now.

2 comments:

Karen February 6, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

Whew! I've been doing it right. My only advice is "don't buy a budget dishwasher to begin with" because no matter HOW you load it, they still don't get clean. (sigh) Ya get what you pay for!

Claudia February 14, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

oh wow.... on top of it you are passing on great advise, huh?
Thanks!

C

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP