A Day In The Dark

>> Friday, February 8, 2008

At 9:30PM Wednesday night as the boys and I were listening to one of the "Magic Tree House" audio books, everything went black. It was just as well since it was past their bed time anyway, but when we woke up the next morning we were still in the dark. The boys didn't have school and we didn't have anywhere to be, but they were bored and I needed my coffee fix! So we went out to run some errands and had lunch at McDonald's. It was good because they were able to burn off some energy in the Playland while I caught up on my magazine reading. We returned to a ,still, powerless home at 1:45. I thought, "Great, now what are we going to do?" The last time we had a power outage the boys went crazy bored. I brought out the Megablocks and sat with them while they built "A Tower To Nothing." They were satisfied with that. The power came back on at 3:17. The buzzing of the appliances filled the air again. I was a little (very little) disappointed that the serenity of the peace and quiet was no more. It's funny how we get so accustomed to the every day humming of appliances that they become background noise. You don't really know it's there until it stops. I'm happy that I was able to be still for a little while and spend quality time with the boys, but thank God it didn't last for TOO long.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP