Dishwashing Soap in the Laundry?

>> Thursday, February 14, 2008

Does your front loading washing machine smell mildewy? We've had ours for about a year and it's smell got progressively worse. My husband decided to play the part of Tim Allen and see if he could figure out the problem? He turned what could have been a 10 minute consultation into a one hour repair for Luigi the repairman. Yes, his real name is Luigi. Luckily our warranty covered everything and we didn't have to pay a cent. So after Luigi took our machine apart in order to get the rubber thingy back in place, he told me the best kept secret to keeping front load washing machines smelling fresh. My homework assignment was to go to the Dollar Store and get a box of powder dishwasher detergent (It MUST be powder) and use half a cup in the soap dispenser with a normal cycle set on hot water. Do this once a month and that will take care of the icky stuff that builds up in the washer after awhile. I must admit that I was a little skeptical at first, but it was worth a try. I did it yesterday and was a little disappointed to find that the rubber still smelled a little, but after I did a load of laundry, the smell was completely gone! I'm still amazed. No more pinching my nose when I do laundry.

1 comments:

Karen February 14, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Hmmmm.....VERY interesting! I haven't really noticed a smell in mine, but then again, if the machine isn't running, I leave the door wide open. Of course, if I ever DO get a smell, I'll totally forget how to make it go away! (sigh)

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP