Spilled Juice and Soggy Fries

>> Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's lunch time on the home front so I baked chicken nuggets and fries for my two boys, J (age 6) and K (age 4 1/2). I make their plates and sit them at the table then proceed to warm up my lunch. Now we're sitting at the table and J walks to the fridge to get a Danimal. While this is going on my husband calls on the phone. I get up to answer the phone, and in a split second J gives K his cup of pink lemonade that was in the fridge, and K manages to spill the juice not only on his plate of fries and nuggets, but also on his brother's plate of fries. I rescued whatever fries and nuggets were salvageable, which wasn't much, and mopped up the wet, sticky juice from the table. So who's to blame for this mayhem? The way I see it, if J hadn't given K the cup of juice in the first place then there wouldn't have been any juice to spill. On the other hand, if my husband hadn't called at the precise moment that K was about to spill his juice, then I would've still been sitting at the table and would have foreseen (with my Mommy instincts) what was about to happen ahead of time. Oh well, no sense in crying over spilled juice, it doesn't change anything. This is why God invented cups with lids.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP